Thursday, August 12

its getting nearer and nearer

These past few days have been taking me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Up and down and up and down. I can feel the overwhelming sense of sadness as I have been saying my final goodbyes, packing up my stuff into boxes to leave in storage, and figuring out how to fit a year of my life into a few small suitcases. I have spent the last five years creating a life for myself, making friends, finding a church home, spending time with my family, and now I'm just going to get up and leave it all. It's not an easy thing to digest. To be honest, there is a lot of worry that people aren't going to keep in touch and care and that everything is going to change and I'm not going to be a part of that, but I have to keep my eye on the prize and know that I am doing the right thing and it's going to bring some amazing experiences along the way!

I did however get an email today from my future employers and Rachel (the mom) told me that I do not start work until September 1, so that means I will be living it up Paris style for half a month! Eeeek! Maybe I'll find someone to travel with me in those first few weeks!

PS. I graduate in just 1.5 days! Go MEAN GREEN!!!

No comments: