Tuesday, August 31

pictures....

So today I attempted to get a French bank account but the person who takes care of it is still on vacation, go figure...its only August 31, not September 1. I then went and drooled over the phone I am dreaming about getting. Had the world's worst lunch possible as I bought a cheap baguette (ewww) and was just plain underwhelmed with my choice of foods this day. Had fun running around like a kid in the Carrefour (walmart) and finding the Tex-Mex and United States isles. The only thing I recognised on the US section was Skippy peanut butter and its rather expensive. Thankfully that is not one of my necessities so I'm okay. I walked to the next town today, Poissy, for the first time. Took me 40 minutes by foot and I did not attemp to walk back as it was downhill going and uphill coming back...my legs hurt and my feet are not liking me right now. Learned somewhat how to use the buses around here, NOW that they are WORKING again! Found out that the last bus runs at 8pm during the week and 7pm on Saturdays, boooo!!! And ventured to Saint Germaine en laye where I not only have conquered how to say it properly, but also enjoyed an afternoon at the park behind the very famous Chateau there. Was able to score a map to St. Germain also which is going to be helpful and almost found where I am going ot take French lessons but became impatient (ha!) and left before I really found it. Learned that St. Germain is a much more interesting place than Chambourcy and I am going to be very grateful for it when I do not have the time or energy to go into Pairs as it is only a 10 minute drive away by bus. Enjoyed a great dinner with Rachel and cuddled some with my little princess Clemence! 

It was a productive day! Thank the Lord! I am learning that I am completely out of shape as I can barely walk up the hill to get my house and the kids are riding their bikes ten times faster than I can walk it...i too shall learn to do it! I am determined to not let the lack of car hinder my interest in exploring and going and doing... And I'm glad I'm slowly learning to be more adventurous such as walking to another town and finally conquering my fear of the bus system! yay!!!

Enjoy the photos taken on my friends iphone which were also posted on fb around the same time I took them!! Stephany and Kara style!!! 


Tex-Mex section of the Careefour (kind of like a Wal-Mart)
It was fun of enchiladas, taco, and fajitas packages







The peanut butter is not enough to make a weeks worth of pb&j's and it is yes, almost 4 euros... 
A whole isle devoted to COCA COLA. hmmm..
I tried to be money consious and spend as little on food as possible today for lunch and I ended up with the worst tasting baguette and cheese! Will never do that again!
Ventured to St. Germain-en-laye today via bus, yes, i conquered the bus system, and this is a very famous Chateau there.
Gardens along side the park...they were beautiful, again! Although this was taken with an iphone so its weird lighting.
How i spent my afternoon....
...listening to music while laying in the park!!

1 comment:

The Undomestic Mom said...

busy lady! love the pics! Im glad you have a friend to take random pictures at your "walmart" with you!