Wednesday, May 8

book recommendation

Looking for a book recommendation??

I always am.

Well, good for you, I have one! {yipee!}

My dad was the one who gave me this book to read and it took me a bit to get into into, mostly because I like to start many books and never fully commit to one. But once I did, I did NOT regret it.

It's called The One-Week Job Project and the synopsis is easy enough: 1 guy, 1 year, 52 jobs.

It may sound crazy but really, its genius! This guy, Sean, graduates from college in Canada and has no idea what he wants to be when he grows up. He comes up with this idea that he is going to doing a different job every week for one year. It's quite interesting the things he learns along the way from his experiences and from what each employer teaches him. It's broken down into 52 short (and by short, I mean short) chapters which makes it easy and fun to read because you don't need to have a lot of time just to get through one chapter and he writes very simply. There is a bit of romance and some on the edge of your seat moments, but for the most part its light hearted and just a fun read. I found this book to be applicable to my life because while I may not have just graduated from college, I have found myself in a place where I question regularly what I want to do with my life as I search for jobs. Sean addresses this deep question with each employer and the end result is that most every one of the 52 bosses have the same things to say.

I hope you find it as enjoyable as I did.

Happy readings!

No comments: