Tuesday, January 11

1, 2, 3...

I can count... haha

So I just got off the phone with some nice young lady in New Mexico, I do not know her name. She helped me with some issues I was having with my American bank account. Not that that is really that important, but we ended up chatting for about 10 minutes about life. I know ten minutes isn't that long, but come on guys, I live in France now... that would NEVER have happened if I had called my French bank account. Let's be honest, I would never call my French bank account because most likely they don't speak English and well, thats that, but here in France, you don't even ask the person checking you out at the grocery store how they are doing muchless break a smile towards them. And I just had a conversation about my life with this young lady on the phone where she told me that she thought that God has blessed me (um, seriously??? this girl mentioned GOD!!!), something else that would NEVER happen in France!

I am going to be straight forward: I LOVE France with everything that I am. If ever there was love at first sight...or first landing or first visit, Paris was IT! France stole my heart the first time I was here. But there is nothing quite like being an American... and being from the south at that...where the people are overly friendly, share everything they have and have a 'mi casa es su casa' attitude.

On a slightly different note: I have been indulging in quite a bit of homemade guacamole recently. I would like to say that it is healthy, in moderate doses, seeing as I only add tomato, lemon juice and some salt and pepper...but along with the guacamole come the really sexy tortilla chips and I have to say I don't think those are that healthy... But all that to say, I am having a little southern cuisine with my French life these days. It surely makes the days problems seem less than important when you have a big scoop of yummy goodness atop a tortilla chip about to enter your mouth.

Well, I hope you all have had such an encounter today....or been that encounter for someone else!!!
Love you all and that you are all (mostly) American so you can understand my love for friendly conversations with strangers...

love, me!

No comments: