Sunday, January 9

old and new

Last year I made a list of my New Years Resolutions and posted them on my blog, which at the time, no one was reading...or at least I thought that. Anyways, I like to make resolutions because its a nice time to sit and reflect on that I did the previous year and how much I grew (or didn't grow) and what I would like to do different for the upcoming year... resolutions to me are like goals to strive towards (duh!) but making them is a rememberance so I don't forget. In 2010 I think I did a decent job of changing in the ways I could and acheiving goals I knew I could and wanted to...

These were my resolutions in 2010:


New Years Resolutions for 2010: 
1. Not get a moving violation in 2010 ... yea, I did put that as no. 1, it would be nice not to be working to pay the different cities in texas.
2. get all A's in my last semester of college
3. graduate -- this IS a resolution, you know never what will happen between now and then so I have to make a conscious effort to put that as a goal of mine haha
4. have more patience
5. fill up my passport (and no worries, i WILL do this one, starting with France in a matter of weeks, wooo hooo)
6. become conversational in French before the year ends
7. read 2 books a month (I am probably going to fail at this one this month unless I read 2 books in the next few days, which i guess I should stay positive and do it!)
8. Read the Bible in 365 days (I'm reading the chronological Bible that is divided by the days of the year)


I think I did a really good job, looking at them, at what all I was able to achieve.
I completed 1: I had no moving violations in 2010... and I am claiming that its not cheating that I moved out of the country and no longer drive, half way through the year... haha
2: This one is kind of cheating like no. 1, my last semester of college was this past summer and it was a study abroad to Hong Kong and yes, I did get an A in that class and in all honesty, as much as I payed for that grade (thanks, Dad!), it was a hard experience... and the work that we had to do afterwards was not as much hard as it took up about 20 hours to complete. But in my last final real semester of college, I don't recall my grades, but I think I received all A's and B's so thats good!
3. Graduate!!! Well, I can happily say that on August something I graduated for UNT! yay!!!
4. have more patience. I can honestly say that since moving to France I have learned more patience than I care to admit. Let's just say that it's not a rumor that the French people are slow at EVERYTHING and go on lots of holidays and could care less if its important to you if its not important to them. Oh, and patience is something you learn regardless of whether you move to France or another country if you have to learn to live in a new place with new people, a new language and start a new life. just saying.
5. fill my passport: well, i think that would require a lot of traveling and a lot of money to accomplish in one year but thank you to the many visa's i acquired last year, i am on my way to having a full passport so I would say i was successful at that!
6. I would also like to say that I am conversational in french as of right now... it depends on the day of the week (mainly my mood) and who you are, but i think i am capable of having a pretty decent conversation in french. as long as you're patient for me to speak becuase i do no speak fast, but that wasn't a requirement, was it?
7. I did not read 2 books a month but I did however rediscover my love for reading and i did read a lot more this past year than i did in the years previous so i was proud of myself for that.
8. the only one I completely failed at. Excuses are excuses but with all the traveling and moving i did, i did not keep up with reading my 365 day Bible! I am starting over and am striving to complete this for real this time!!!


Well, that about sums up my 2010!!! I am very proud of myself and all that I accomplished this year! Not to sound proud, i just feel like the last 5 years were so hard that I am glad that I was able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time (in my opinion). Growing up isnt easy and I've been one to take a few wrong turns or as we say in the states "the road less traveled" at times.

I have yet to write my new resolutions for this year as I have been reflecting on all that happened last year. Maybe I will figure out what I want to do this year and post that later some time...

Thank you guys for reading and supporting and loving and cheering me on in every thing I do and have done... My resolutions and accomplishments could not have been done if it weren't for y'all!!!

Love, me!

No comments: