Monday, January 24

almost done

...imagine me saying that almost out of breath as if i just finished running a marathon...
but I didn't just finish running a marathon (because i would never run a marathon)
but I did just finish planning our trip to ITALY!!!!!!!
only took me about 25-30 hours.
holy cow. is that normal?
maybe I researched a bit more than i needed to. but hey, I am my fathers child. :-) (and i can hear him laughing in agreeance)

Anyways, we now have trains, planes, hostels, hotels, and even a bed and breakfast booked.

All I have to say is: I now have a lot more appreciation for the trips I have been on where I did nothing but pay and show up at the airport because now I know what type of planning went on (even though mine is a bit of a smaller scale) and Also, I am going to appreciate this trip a lot more because I had to do so much work for it.

But i am so proud of myself (if I can say so) and I am sooooo excited to start this adventure. My mom so kindly pointed out that this is my first trip to travel without an adult or in a group...kind of scary, kind of liberating, all parts EXCITING!!!

Now on to the REALLY fun stuff... choosing what to do, where to eat and where to shop....

off to bed, i need the rest. thanks.
love, me

1 comment:

Pepe Le Pew said...

I can't do that much planning. I'm more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of guy.