Saturday, January 22

breaking news

THIS IS JUST IN: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

I HAVE PASSED MY (unofficial) DRIVING TEST!!!!

...and the crowds go wiiiiiillllddddd!!!!

Thank you, thank you!!!

 ---speech, speech, speech!!!

ok, ok!!! I would like to take this time to thank my wonderful host father for being so patient with me while I stall in the middle of small town traffic during three saturday mornings. And to my host mom for donating her car to be used as the crash-test dummy, i mean, the car in which I am allowed to drive. Also, I would like to thank everyone from around the world who has shown their support through facebook and phone calls!!! I didn't know if this day would ever come, but it has, and I couldn't be happier or more proud of myself for this accomplishment!!!


In all seriousness, my host parents have given the stamp of approval to drive their car now! Hallelujah!!!! This means FREEDOM! I live in the world's smallest town and its rather cold here so not only does this mean I can drive to the grocery store instead of walk now (thats a big deal), I can now drive to the train station and park so I can come home at night instead of rely on everything to let me stay with them. Plus, its just nice to know that if I want to rent a car someday, like in Tuscany ITALY, I am confident (or semi-confident) I won't drive myself over a hill or into some old ancient wall.

Well, I am off to get ready for the rest of the weekend in Paris!!
Oh and lunch was fabulous today! I think i might try to spend a few more half saturdays with my family, haha!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

love, me

No comments: