Sunday, January 9

and then there was three days....

....spent in Texas!!!

Boy did I feel like such the jet-setter last week after all the traveling I did in such a short period of time!!! And boy did i REALLY feel it all this week as I spent many a-hours trying to recover from said traveling!

I am happy to announce that I am back to KARA and not ...je suis vraiment fatigue toujours ....anymore.

When I went to Tx, I did fail at taking pictures so luckily there a few others who took a few and I am stealing them all from facebook so I hope you people don't mind! I had a GREAT time in Texas!!! LOVED the warm weather, on saturday it was about 70 degrees with some sunny sun sun shining down on my oh-so-pale skin (thank you paris for making me stay covered up all the time and for not allowing the sun to come out and play...ever). I loved driving around in MY car (i miss her!!!) with the sunroof open and the windows down. How awesome!!! I did however miss my boots, wearing tights, bundling up,and having a reason to wear my big coat....but I got it all back as it was the same ol paris once I arrived...cold and cold.

While in Texas, amoung other things, I just HAD to visit these places:

Target!!! (that place should be world wide, just saying)
HEB (because i misssssed like crazy american grocery stores...mainly the food inside, not the actual store)
Wal-mart

Chick-fi-A
Chuys (mexican)
Freebirds (more mexican)
Fudruckers (hamburgers)
Shipley's donuts
McDonlds ONE DOLLAR (small in america but size extra grande in france) Dr. Pepper


..sadly, that list seems so much shorter than i had imagined in my head but add to that, homecooked spaghettii, sausage and cabbage (one of my favs) and breakfast at my grandparents retirement community and that sums up the amount of meals you would eat in 3 days time, right?
I love my family for indulging me in all of america's goodies and letting me choose all the restaurants and entertaining me needs (mostly wants) to shop for no good reason and run random errands!

Here are a few photos...

My mom and I at the house when all the family came over for dinner!

My aunt, B-I-L Wiley and my sister Meredith

NYE with my Tx friends

oh, Amy!

Jenni and I were waiting for the fireworks at Minute Maid Park

Sunday morning church, I altered my skirt about 5 seconds before going to church this morning



3.5 minutes of awesome fireworks

I do miss baseball 

I miss her already!!! Happy 2011!!!

There are a few more stuck on my mom's cell phone of me enjoying my experience at the big HEB off Bunkerhill, haha! But we'll see if those ever make it to a computer before Jesus comes back... haha

Anyways, I greatly enjoyed my visit to my homeland and wish it could've been longer! I miss you guys so much already but I think that y'all need to start visiting me because those plane rides are not the funnest thing I've ever done, just saying!

Hope everyone had a great NYE and a great start to the new year!! Happy 2011 from Paris, y'all!!!

Love, me

No comments: